Another Sister Scandal?



One you Youtube's biggest scandals and news of the week that caught almost everyone's attention, was the controversy going on between James Charles and Tati Westbrooke. Originally when I first heard that there was a major controversy between them, I didn't care enough to look into it, but as it progressed I ended up deciding to watch the videos and what happened really surprised me. But how and why this gets so much attention really make me worry, not for these Youtubers, I couldn't careless about them, but the viewers and how it will affect them.

For some brief backup on the scandal would be that James and Tati have been close friends since James' start despite an 18 year age gap. But when James posted an ad partnership with a companies who he has shown negative feelings toward before and who is also a lead competitor of his good friend Tati's brand, a news outbreak sparked as Tati for one was very upset about it and decided to take it to social media to express her feelings. Now after there was some very rude commenting about Tati coming from one of James' friends which lead Tati to make a full video about it and explain how she felt along with other bottled up negative emotions towards James that she has experienced in the past which all lead up to more backlash toward James. Then James uploaded an apology video addressing the issues, but since I already didn't really  like James seven before this scandal I just didn't watch it.

But from what I have herd in Tati's video, which has 39 million views, I learned so many inappropriate and horrible things James has done with his excuse that he is  a celebrity that has hurt and affected others around him. Now even from this I find extremely not ok especially coming form a very well known public figure who has such a big audience that mainly consists of young kids and teens. Now to me this is actually alarming because now I am here thinking about how he is being such a horrible role model and showing all of these views who are mainly kids that doing this is ok, which it so clearly isn't.

I really hope all of the kids, teens, and viewers in general do not do or copy any of these horrible things he has done, and especially because he is paying the price for it with all of the backlash he has been receiving including losing over 3 million subscribers and many followers. I would unfollow and unsubscribe to him if I could but unfortunately I was never subscribed or followed his in the first place, and frankly I am glad I wasn't because I would have been following a bad role model.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoVZg4KjRxU

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Metal straws are taking over the internet

Gum is the ticket to Love

The college outbreak