Me reflecting on how the media ruined my life


With my experience in the media as a consumer, all I can say is that it has only negatively impacted my life and I honestly wish it didn't exist. Its something that has had a negative effect on the whole society. although it is great entertainment, it is also one of the reasons mental health is effecting more people in the society.

But for me all I can say is that its effect on me isn't the most positive thing, and as I spend so much time on social media all I can say is that the negative affects are just growing in different ways. As of right now, I can gladly say that the effect it has on me isn't as bad as it was in middle school and freshman year as I have learned to just not care as much. That doesn't mean I don't experience negative effects from social media, but just not as much. My thoughts on the media, is that it really is some of the worst things on the planet you know other than plastic, it contributed to an increase of mental illnesses and the consumers now this and experience this but they still continue to use social media like it controls their life but I'm in the same boat as they are.

They other part of the media that I ad never really took the time to look at or notice was the type of advertisements and how they actually contributed to the media and the mental issues surrounding it. From the critical thinking class I realized I have become more aware and disgusted of the techniques they use. Honestly now I either cant look at an ad or I can only see the negative affects of them, excluding the cute cats and dogs (but they aren't gong to get me to buy medications for a disease I don't have) Now its just frustrating to see how these ads, movies, social media etc. is effecting and hurting the people in this society by creating some dumb *** standards that shouldn't be relevant today, but they are because of the stigmas set up by the media.

Just to ad to my on going thoughts of how the media sucks, it really does help that through this class I was kind of forced to realize certain things about the media, but in a good way. Honestly it kind of sound similar to what my dad says about the media but way more in depth. Without the knowledge I had gained from this class about the media, I do think that I would be in a worse position than what I am in right know. Knowing that the media had been since forever been using women's bodies as a way to market items, which causes insecurities about what ones body looks like, I think I really started to care less about what others thought. Which is why I had said previously that the media had a worse effect on me more then than now.  I also think having a media literacy is very helpful as I can see what the media is using as tactics to target things even if they are bad so I don't fall for their marketing ways.

From keeping this journal or media blog, I was really able to know how I really felt about the media and how it had effected me as I go on tangents about how I hate then and how I feel which is something I don't talk t many about ( I literally talk to like one friend about it) and I find that ok through this since like only three people read this anyways and they are my closest friends in the class. But my one and final though on the media is that it need sot freaking **** off with its stupid unrealistic standards cause they are just horrible and cause so many problems for so many people. excuse my French it is just really frustrating.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Metal straws are taking over the internet

Gum is the ticket to Love

The college outbreak